Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentines day

Saint Valentine, according to romantic legend, was a kind-hearted Roman priest who married young couples against the wishes of Emperor Claudius II, and was beheaded on the 14th of February. At least this is one explanation, I'm sure the are many. Valentines day is here to stay and so shall be celebrated by many over the world. I hope you all have a good day. I hope the words of ove you speak to your loved ones will remain in their hearts for many years or at least till 14th of Feb 2008....

Longevity Words

If I say that I love you
how long will my words stay with you.
Will you remember tomorrow
the words of love I speak today.
Does not the heart remind the head
of the love it feels
from days gone by.
Having said all that
not out of duty
but because I want to
I'll tell you again
and again
so that you will never forget
that I love you So much.

When we met
you changed my life
Heart beat faster
my breath came quicker
and even now
after many years
when we hold hands
its still like
the very first time.

I Love You.


By Tim Young, for my amazing wife Wendy, the love of my life.

2 comments:

Preeti Shenoy said...

Lovely poem.I know what you mean when you say that it is not out of duty.You do feel it and that is terrific.

Niall young said...

Nice one Tim! I too know the joy of lasting love.

Myspace, Myspace Graphics, Myspace Backgrounds

About Me

nottingham, United Kingdom
I'm TIM 47 from England, married to Wendy for 28 years